EDUCATIONAL DIRECTION IN PERFORMANCE, REVIEW and COMMUNICATION
I see confident and effective skills in speaking dynamics as a great asset in today’s device driven world. Public speaking and effective communication in the workplace is vital. I am passionate about all aspects of developing confident, expressive and artistic speakers – adults and children in a range of fields. I enjoy the opportunity to directing and have recently (Feb 2020) directed LAST LEGS at Dolphin Theatre. In addition, I am a theatre reviewer for Broadwayworld.com and Playshakespeare.com. I currently judge for NAPTA – Northern Area Performing Theatre Assoc. I have directed many school and community productions and, for a decade, was HOD English and Drama in two schools. I was employed 2002-2010 by the Ministry of Education and NZQA in teacher education and assessment. I have facilitated workshops throughout the country in schools and universities in English, Literacy, Assessment, Drama and Gifted and Talented Education, and presented at national conferences. I have been the recipient of several national awards and scholarships within education and drama. I enjoy the opportunity to judge performances in theatre, public speaking, and performance. My three (now adult and professionally employed) sons have all benefited from their lessons in effective communication.
- Professional effective speaking coach
- Workshop facilitator: all aspects of theatre, public speaking, poetry, bible reading
- Theatre director
- Theatre productions reviewer: Playshakespeare.com, Broadwayworld.com, Theatre NZ
- NAPTA regional assessor.
- A proven record of practical experience and examination success (every year 90% @ Distinction) in a range of courses
- Currently registered as a national adjudicator for public speaking, debating and performing arts.
- Professional educator and workshop facilitator who has proven experience and a depth of knowledge through designing and implementing, facilitating and motivating learning experience/s in a range of fields: theatre workshops, creativity, writing for public speaking and theatre, speech therapy, special needs, remedial reading, gifted and talented accelerate classes, adults getting back into work schemes, ESOL adults (Korean, German, Japanese, Chilean)
- Leadership as Regional Advisor in English, the Literacy Initiative, Te Kotahitanga and Gifted and Talented Education – supported and mentored teachers in the NZ Curriculum throughout the Northland Region in 32 schools (2002 – 2007) – as such I was acknowledged as one of the top ten curriculum experts in the country
- National role as NZQA National Moderator for NCEA English (2008 – 2010)