I see effective skills in oral communication as a great asset in today’s device driven world. Public speaking and effective communication in the workplace is vital. I am passionate about directing and teaching within my private practice with both adults and students including schools such as Diocesan. In addition, I am a theatre reviewer for Broadwayworld.com. I have directed many school and community productions and was HOD English and Drama in two schools. I was employed 2002-2010 by the Ministry of Education and NZQA in teacher education and assessment. I have facilitated workshops throughout the country in schools and universities in English, Literacy, Assessment, Drama and Gifted and Talented Education, and presented at national conferences. I have been the recipient of several national awards and scholarships within education and drama. I am President of the Speech Communication Association. SCA is Executive national council for speech and performance teachers and I have the portfolios in education and adjudication. I enjoy the opportunity to judge performances in theatre, public speaking, and performance. My three (now adult and professionally employed) sons have all benefited from their lessons in speech and drama.
- Professional effective speaking coach
- Workshop facilitator: all aspects of theatre, public speaking, poetry, bible reading
- Theatre arts director with a proven record of practical experience and examination success (90% @ Distinction) in a range of courses
- President of Speech Communication Association. (SCA)
- Currently registered as a national adjudicator for public speaking, debating and performing arts.
- Theatre productions reviewer: Broadwayworld.com, New Zealand Theatre
- Professional educator and workshop facilitator who has proven experience and a depth of knowledge through designing and implementing, facilitating and motivating learning experience/s in a range of fields: theatre workshops, creativity, writing for public speaking and theatre, speech therapy, special needs, remedial reading, gifted and talented accelerate classes, adults getting back into work schemes, ESOL adults (Korean, German, Japanese, Chilean)
- Leadership as Regional Advisor in English, the Literacy Initiative, Te Kotahitanga and Gifted and Talented Education – supported and mentored teachers in the NZ Curriculum throughout the Northland Region in 32 schools (2002 – 2007) – as such I was acknowledged as one of the top ten curriculum experts in the country
- National role as NZQA National Moderator for NCEA English (2008 – 2010)